Apr 11, 2013

Cheesy Paprika Garden Casserole and Finding Local Produce in South Carolina



This is my second contributing post for Whole Lifestyle Nutrition! I share about how I've found locally grown food, plus one of my latest recipes; Cheesy Paprika Garden Casserole.


"My newest seasonal recipe creation is my Cheesy Paprika Garden Casserole. I think you’ll really like it. It’s got a lot of the crowd pleasing tastes and textures of a classic potato casserole, but has a much more sophisticated flavor due to the addition of smoked paprika. 
It uses white potatoes, sweet potatoes, and spinach. I love one dish meals so I threw in a pound of ground beef, and of course some bacon. Bacon makes everything better.

Then all of these ingredients are bound together with a creamy sour cream and cheese based sauce. Since there’s no canned “cream of artificial ingredient” soup in the recipe, it’s suitable for a grain-free and gluten-free diet. Not to mention those of us who are trying to avoid processed foods!"

To read the rest of my post and view the recipe, head on over to Whole Lifestyle Nutrition by clicking below!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks like one hearty casserole! I love your info on local produce! So very excited with all the entries this week! Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :)

    Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Cindy and for pinning my recipe!

      Delete