Jun 27, 2012

Basic Ground Beef

Cooking is something that is learned and doesn't come naturally to everyone. Because of that I don't want to assume everyone viewing this blog knows some cooking basics I was privileged to learn early on.

This recipe is a simple tutorial, but I will also use it as the base for many of my recipes that call for ground beef.

So, as one of my less exciting posts, I give you Basic Ground Beef.

Basic Ground Beef

1 pound ground beef
1 onion, finely chopped, or 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Place meat in a medium sized skillet. Turn the heat to medium. Break up the ground beef with a spoon or stiff spatula. Mix in the onions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir every 3-4 minutes until no pink is left (about 10 minutes). Drain excess fat. (I use a metal spoon and scoop that grease into an empty tin can. When the fat is cool I throw away the can and the congealed fat.) Add to your dish or freeze for later use.


0 comments:

Post a Comment